Dear customers, suppliers and business partners,
With the recent spread of the Covid-19 virus, we are currently experiencing an unprecedented public health episode.
Société Laurentide is committed to implementing all necessary measures, in collaboration with the responsible public authorities, to ensure a safe work environment and minimize the consequences of the proliferation of the virus in our community.
With everyone’s collaboration, together we will make a decisive positive impact in the short and medium term.
Société Laurentide invites you to consult the immediate measures put in place in all our locations and premises by our responsible groups.
Our goal is to provide a safe workplace for employees and their families.
- We have shared with all employees of the Société Laurentide group, the awareness information concerning the COVID-19 virus, the symptoms to be identified and the risks of the virus. The information is provided daily by supervisors, and is posted on internal digital boards at all times.
- For all employees, truckers and visitors, hand washing is mandatory at the employee entrances, shipping-receiving posts and administration offices of each building. Masks must be worn by anyone with a cough and telecommuting will be implemented when the position allows it. If a fever is observed, the employee must stay home and call 1-877-644-4545 for the screening clinic.
- For all employees, body temperature will be taken twice a day as a preventive measure. We seek to protect the entire group and keep operations functional.
- All employees are or will be in preventive and automatic self-isolation, mainly those whose children or family members have travelled to countries where there are outbreaks of infection. Also, for those who have been or will be in contact with a person who has tested positive or an immediate person in contact with a person who has tested positive. We refer them to the 1-877-644-4545 line and invite them to go to the Covid-19 virus detection clinics in Shawinigan, Trois-Rivières or Victoriaville, Quebec.
- Particular attention to the cleaning of all common areas has been put in place twice a day to disinfect: door handles, keyboards, telephones, production and laboratory equipment, etc. The administrative staff received the necessary disinfectants for their work areas as well.
- In order to raise awareness among all employees, information was shared on what represents responsible behaviour AT ALL TIMES AT HOME.
DAILY UPDATE of actions by all management members following the press briefings by the Government of Quebec at 1:00 pm.
ADDITIONAL PREVENTIVE MEASURES implemented and that will be continuously adjusted according to circumstances:
- All business trips outside Quebec, regardless of destination, have been cancelled or postponed until further notice. This includes trips planned for client meetings or for participation in conferences or other professional events. Conference calls or virtual conferences are maintained as the recommended solution. Our employees are equipped to keep in touch with you at all times.
- All personal travel outside Quebec, regardless of destination, is subject to the recommendations of official authorities and is subject to preventive measures (voluntary self-isolation or other) before returning to work.
- All internal events, including training, conferences and any other events organized by the company are cancelled until further notice, and participation in work-related events outside the company is not recommended.
The measures described above are part of a collective prevention effort.
Rest assured that we are continuously evaluating the relevance of the measures in place and that we remain at your service for day-to-day operations.
President and Chief Executive Officer